How We Do It
We purchase the majority of our food from the Galveston County Food Bank.. Wyndell Deats, Cecil Henry, Larry Carter, Mark Freund, Madison & Sonya Linko pick up donated food every week from Kroger, Randall’s, Target, Olive Garden, Yard House and Auntie Anne’s Pretzels.
- Several churches and organizations hold food drives for us during the year.
- We are the recipient of all the food from “Stamp Out Hunger,” a food drive held by our Post Office.
- The students and faculty/staff of DISD hold “Stuff the Bus” food drive in November and we present a trophy to the school that collects the most food and money.
- We have been receiving “cookie shares” from several local Girl Scout troops.
- True Cross Women 40 Days of Giving
- Randall’s, Kroger and HEB “Souper Bowl of Caring”
- We accept donations from the red barrel in Ziegler’s Food Store and Randall’s on Clear Lake City Blvd and Space Center
- Local churches have baskets in their church to collect for us
- Bay Area Turning Point gives us vans filled with food
- We also received food donations from:
- Bay Colony Chiropractic
- Faith Lutheran Church
- The Watershed Church
- New Beginning Church
- Faith United Methodist Church
- Dickinson First United Methodist Church
- Gay Family Auto
- AMOCO Federal Credit Union
- Playing with a Purpose (Softball)