Food is given 6 times per year to individuals and families who qualify.
Exceptions – Food is given every month for circumstances involving the following exceptions (per qualification through M. I. Lewis’ case assessment policy):
- Low-income elderly individuals
- Single parents with young children
- Individuals who have no transportation
- Individuals who have just had an accident
- Circumstances involving recent unemployment
Note: Some of these exceptions will qualify for 8-12 months of food assistance.